The best place to buy: Amazon
Guarantee: YES (see below)
My rating: 10/10
About the product
- Amazon best-seller, which is key!
- New and better updated version.
- High quality.
- Each pair of dumbbells you want must be added to the order separately. The price displayed is for a set of 2 dumbbells not a set of 14.
- Dumbbells are sold in pairs ranging from 1-8kg, which makes them very suitable for beginners.
- The slightly flat shape of the top and bottom of the hand weights means that it will not roll away so when you stored them you don’t have to worry about coming back in the room to find a dumbbell in the middle of the floor.
- A neoprene coated dumbbell made from cast iron, built to last and chemical smell free. Neoprene also stops the dumbbell slipping from your hands whilst you sweat.
- A double-sided poster with images of 32 exercises for a great home workout and so you can mix up your workout.
- Product quality and customer service are the most important aspects of KG Physio’s business. They guarantee 3 year free replacement on any faulty dumbbells.
Why use dumbbells?
- Very convenient for home use since you may not have much room.
- Using a dumbbell for each arm can help prevent muscle imbalances, given that you are doing the same amount on each arm.
- Can be safer than using a barbell. If you don’t have a spotter or a power rack and you’re doing a barbell bench press for example, and you can’t lift the bar off your chest then you’re in a pickle. Whereas if you were using dumbbells and you can’t lift them anymore then you can just drop them at the side of the bench.
- Some exercises might just feel better with dumbbells depending on how and when you lift, just test it out and see what works better for you. For example, I like to do dumbbell front raise over a barbell front raise because I feel it working more.
- Can also be useful for those of you with wrist pain. Barbells are heavier and doing a barbell curl for example can be hard on the wrists, so dumbbells with a good grip are perfect.
Why buy this particular product?
- Number 1 best-seller.
- Rated 5 stars by Amazon.
- Over 180 positive reviews.
- Perfect for many exercises.
- The dumbbells themselves are nicely made, comfortable to hold.
- Great for beginners.
- Comes with a poster with suggested exercises with dumbbells for the perfect home workout.
- Won’t lose your grip unlike my other weights that were all metal and became very slippery when I had worked up a sweat.
- Any problems are dealt with quickly.
- Definitely suitable for home and gym use.
Is there anything wrong with the product?
- You may reach a point where you can lift the heaviest set of these dumbbells which are 8kg. In this scenario what do you do? How do you get use from them? Check this post for some ideas to get the most benefit out of your investment!
- Some reviewers have states that the product didn’t come with the poster that’s mentioned above. However only around 3 of the 180+ reviewers had this problem.
My experience with the product
When I was starting out I was too scared to go to the gym so I did home workouts 3-4 times a week for several months. I bought two sets of dumbbells, at the time, 5 kg being heavy for me and 8 was something out of this world! Over these months I learnt some best exercises with the equipment I had. I then went to buy the bench that can be found here.
I still love to have a set of lighter dumbbells at home that I can use for some active recovery on rest days or a morning endurance based workout to set the tone for the day. They’ve also come in useful when I’ve been coming back from an injury. It can be a slow process and having some light weights on hand whenever is great.
Below are some exercises that these dumbbells are perfect for. Let me know in the comments which are your favourite!
Exercises to do with this product
There are so many exercises you can do with dumbbells, with or without a bench. I’ve listed a few below, I’m going to make a separate post about these exercises in the near future. Here they are:
- Dumbbell bench press variations (given you have a workout bench at home however you can do this one the floor)
- Dumbbell flys (given you have a workout bench at home, however you can do this on the floor)
- Dumbbell row (you don’t need a bench just something for one hand to push against)
- Shrugs (only dumbbells needed)
- Reverse flys (with or without bench)
- Front raises (without bench)
- Side lateral raises (without bench)
- Rear delt raises (with or without bench)
- Shoulder press (with or without bench, doing this standing allows more core engagement but seated allows you to lift more usually)
- Arnold press (same as above)
- Squats (you don’t even need the dumbbells to do them but you might want to add some weight after a while)
- Lunges (same as squats)
- Bulgarian split squats (I usually do these with one foot on the bench, if you have an alternative then great!)
Any of these exercises can be done standing or using a bench and both are effective
- Regular bicep curls
- Reverse curls
- Hammer curls
You can do the first two standing or on a bench, both work well!
- Tricep kickbacks
- Overhead extensions
- Close grip bench press with dumbbells (bench or floor)
The bottom line
- Anti roll technology
- 3 year guarantee
- Good quality.
- This product is great for beginners.
- Highly rated and popular.
- Perfect for home use.
What do you think of the KG Physio Premium quality dumbbells? Drop a quick comment below with your thoughts and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. For more products like these follow my socials which are linked below!
Hi, I’m Nick and the creator of thefitnessfeeling.com. I have a passion for health and fitness, and I want to share my knowledge and experience with you. I’m here to help you with any questions you have.