Current price: Click here
Place to buy: Amazon.com
My rating: 9.5/10
About the product
- Rated 5 stars by Amazon and with over 1,300 positive reviews.
- 1,000mg Omega 3 Fish Oil capsule, premium formulation with Omega 3 6 9, contaminant free with potent levels of balanced EPA and DHA.
- The Nu U Nutrition Omega 3 Softgels give a convenient source of high quality Omega 3 in a source that is highly absorbent. This is great but remember not to rely too heavily on supplements, you need to gain nutrients from food.
- 365 capsules meaning up to a year supply.
- UK made product – Many Omega 3 supplements have been imported from other countries, these are made in the UK so you are safeguarded by the highest standards in the world.
- The product has no milk, lactose, soya, gluten, wheat, and yeast included.
- Omega 3 Fish Oil (Antioxidant: Mixed Tocopherols), Capsule Shell: Gelatine (Bovine), Glycerol.
- Omega 3 fish oil 100mg including Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 180mg and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 120mg.
Why do we need fish oils and why are they important?
Can be good for mental health – can boost mood since it boosts serotonin in the body, which is the happy hormone. This makes it a perfect addition to living a healthy balanced lifestyle.
May support heart health – Increases the levels of HDL, which is the good cholesterol.
Can help you build muscle – Increases GH (growth hormone) in the body which in turn builds bigger muscles. This and mental health are the main reasons I use this product, what will you be using it for?
May support weight loss – can reduce the risk of heart disease in obese people. Diet is very important for weight loss so adding supplements like this to your diet is going to increase your chances of getting the results you want, when you want them.
The Nu U Brand – Who are they?
- The Nu U Brand has a personal desire to create a lasting difference to the health of their customers and family.
- They are based in York, England.
- A not-for-profit organisation.
- They test and perfect their products to maintain the highest of quality but drive down prices to make their products as affordable as possible.
- They support a hospice and dementia charity.
- Nu U Nutrition want to improve the lives of their customers!
- They work towards a good cause, I like buying from a business I believe in, what about you? Leave your thoughts in the comments!
Why buy this particular product?
- The Amazon reviews are good. The fact it has over 1,300 positive reviews on Amazon alone shows that this product is popular and reliable.
- A trusted and quality brand.
- The supply lasts a long time, up to a year. This can work out cheaper than buying a smaller supply a few times a year.
- The health benefits mentioned above. Even if you just wanted to lose weight for example, this product would help towards that but also improve your mood in the process.
- For people who don’t like fish this supplement will give you the fish oils your body needs.
- Perhaps you’re thinking “does it taste like fish?” the answer is no, unless you bite it, which I did once and it was nasty! But no it has no taste or aftertaste which is great!
- A family member first introduced the NU U Omega 3 supplements to me and since then my friend have tried it too, everyone has been positive about it.
How many should you take a day?
It recommends taking 1-3 daily. Therefore, if you took 1 a day this tub would last you a year and you’d get some benefits I’ve just mentioned.
However, I have 3 a day because I want to get the maximum recommended dosage and the maximum benefits. I’m particularly focused on muscle building so that’s the main reason I take 3 a day. However, you may be on a weight loss program so taking 3 a day may be great for that too!
I also understand that you might be on a budget and need the capsules to last you a year, which is totally understandable. Taking one capsule a day is better than none at all!
Is there anything wrong with the product?
- Firstly, remember to consult your doctor before using this product if you have a health condition which may cause side effects, its unlikely but its better to be safe than sorry!
- The Nu U Omega 3 Fish Oil is not suitable for pregnant or lactating women unless directed by a physician.
- It’s also not suitable for vegans or vegetarians due to the Gelatine content.
- These capsules are big, for people who struggle to take tablets these may be difficult to swallow, but you should be fine. I usually have up to a pint of water when taking them.
The Bottom Line
- Rated 5 stars
- Over 1,300 positive reviews
- Improves both physical and mental health
- Reliable brand
- Not suitable for vegans or vegetarians
- Not suitable for pregnant or lactating women unless directed by a physician
The only thing that stops me giving this a 10 is that the product is not suitable for pregnant women, vegans and vegetarians. Despite that it is a very high quality supplement which is a good way to obtain this nutrient if you don’t like fish such as salmon, the best source of this nutrient.
I’m a frequent user of this product and enjoy its many benefits and that’s why I wanted to share my experience with it with you. There are obviously many brands and possibly cheaper options, however with the cheaper options its harder to know the quality of the product. The Nu U Nutrition Omega 3 fish oil supplement is a product I trust and have tested over a long period, and it works.
I’d like to know what do you think of the Nu U Omega 3 supplement. Please leave a comment below and follow my social accounts for more products like this one and something suitable for everyone! I’m covering some supplements suitable for vegetarians and vegans over the upcoming months so if that applies to you stay tuned.
Hi, I’m Nick and the creator of thefitnessfeeling.com. I have a passion for health and fitness, and I want to share my knowledge and experience with you. I’m here to help you with any questions you have.